I was doodling and made a moustache. So I had to build a face. But I ran out of room, and so I started drawing some hats to cover the misshapen form of his head.
The first one was too small. The second one was too big. I moved onto his need for a toupee. The first one was a little short on hair. But this one, this one is just right.

I wanted to share him with my coworker, Carlos. Usually I just throw it over the top of the cube, but since he had two pieces and was no longer attached to the page (I cut him out with my swiss army knife scissors) I came up with the brilliant idea of attaching him and his toupee to a pencil. Soon I'll be adding a body so I can make him dance at the top of the cube whenever Carlos is bored :)
I also sent over a drawing of Carlos "pompading"* his hair, but that one is for him to keep.
Carlos and I also decided today that we will be going into business together very soon, and we will become rich. I can't give away too many details, but it will be a book that he is writing and I am illustrating. And it's about a little boy named Dick...
*pompading is the act of coiffing one's hair into a pompadour. Something Carlos vows never to do...but he will make up verbs about it.
----------------
Now playing: BoomSnake - HOnEY
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:
Love you! Love it!
Post a Comment