May 27, 2010

Hello Blog


I was feeling uninspired and kind of depressed on my drive home from work. It was another late day, yet I still feel like nothing has been completed, just to get in my car and sit in traffic, to come home hungry and exhausted. This is definitely not how I want to live the rest of my life. I need something exciting in my life. Anything!

I'm thinking maybe a class (I've always been interested in print making, book making, dance?). Or maybe bringing back the idea of having an Etsy shop? I have yarn, and craft supplies, and ... I want to be doing something that makes me happy on a regular basis, and while I'm a generally happy person, I don't feel I have something like that. Something that excites me. Right now about all I've got is kickball once a week, and just wrapping a baby shower gift the other day was the most creative and exciting thing I'd done (I was probably a little too proud of it).

I was talking to my boyfriend the other night, and the question came up: What would I do if I could do anything? I recalled that when I was younger I remember wanting to be an author - a children's book author. I know I've mentioned writing a book in jest before, but if I actually had a story I wanted to tell and the talent to draw it, that certainly would be a great job. I feel like maybe sitting down and at least trying my hand at it one more time would be worth the time (and yes, I've tried to do comics/illustrated books before but always give up because, to be honest, my drawings are really hit or miss).

On that note, I feel like I should take this opportunity to put up something I'm happy with, instead of just ranting about how I decided today that my life sucks. I have a small collection of drawings pulled from various work notebooks and agendas and client information sheets that I've saved because I think they're not too shabby or cute or fun. So I'm scanning them in and sharing them.








No comments: